Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mariacarla Boscono, "I'm all for Shakespeare '

From January 1 this year has taken a long break from fashion to devote himself to the theater and Florizer, the character that was on the scene until a few days ago at the New Theatre Coliseum in Rome. The focus of Mariacarla Boscono, top model of the long course, it is now all for Shakespeare's Winter's Tale, the play directed by Imogen Kusch which will resume in Spring, at the Teatro Colosseo, during the Roman summer, and next season in Milan.

It 's your third test at the theater. After its debut a few years ago, The Servants of Genet, alongside Margherita Missoni, last year you adept at Shakespeare, always Imogen Kusch, in Rome, your city. Last year you were on stage with King Cymbeline, this time with The Winter's Tale. Mariacarla between the stage and broke out the love? "Rather than the theater I love working with Imogen and I grow with this wonderful group of actresses with whom I feel at ease.

We are eight women on stage and I play as a man of power. Every night wears a spell in the limelight. " Your character is that of a powerful man. Ladies - by making a comparison between Shakespeare and the current reality - how do you think changed the female power? "If you're referring to the fictional power that women use through your body, we are talking about the work world's oldest.

I believe that today women have power, even if not a fierce feminist. In the most fortunate of the world we have freedom, autonomy, independence, but my thoughts go to those cultures where women are still obtuse overwhelmed, forced to live in a reality that is frightening. "Mariacarla And that woman is? 'Independence, autonomy, a woman who does not need a man in the back for doing what he wants, but at the same time try not to scare men.

Everyone should have that role. "In your eyes, you read a great enthusiasm for this new professional adventure. We can say that you see your future on the boards of a stage? "Let's say that for now I'm happy, I'm putting heart and soul into this project, I believe a lot and when I decide to do what I do well, with the heart.

In the future ... Who knows? "You had proposed in the cinema? "Yes, but I'm not ready yet. I think to be more scope for the theater. The big screen look for "the model Mariacarla" for making a film takes a pretty little face with a soul different from mine. " Saying it proves that you're not afraid to say no ...

'It's important to say no. My luck has to do things with love. " For the theater you took a break from fashion. You just did an exception ... "Yes, the only exception to the rule I made for the parade of haute couture fashion house during Sarli in Rome. I could not be on the catwalk for the last farewell to Fausto, one of the first to have believed in me.

It 'was an extraordinary man, a wise person different from others in the fashion world. " About the fashion system, in this environment you have lots of knowledge and a few real friends: Riccardo Tisci, Creative Director of Givenchy, for example. What kind of friendship is this? "Richard and I are friends from long before he became what we became.

We grew up together and I would be her friend even if tomorrow was going to sell potatoes. It 's a sincere relationship that goes beyond fashion, beyond everything. " For years you've lived on planes, always at the start. You are now ready to put down roots? Have you decided where you'd like to live? "I have no idea.

Italy is beautiful, but I do not know if I want to live in my country as an Italian. It will be the fate to choose. " Dreams of building a family? "In the future, maybe. For now I try to live day by day and travel a lot. I like doing alone. I was in India recently, I turned on the train.

The trip is a gift you give yourself the opportunity to see things from another angle. I am a satisfied person but I do not stop. As I have taught my grandmother and my father's life is a continuous search. " If we propose to play an institutional role in the fashion world, would you accept? "I have already given very fashionable, I have fully experienced this environment, I would like to turn the page.

But you say no because you do not like the system? "Surely it is a static system, there are people with the desire to be daring, to experiment, probably due to the current crisis." What do you think of the models you see today the first steps on the catwalk and backstage? What advice would you give them? "Even though I started at 14 years, I see the models now, they have 16 years, and I seem small.

To them and all the girls who want to do this job board to roll up our sleeves because it is not so glamorous a job as you think, but it's tiring, it takes willpower and determination. "

No comments:

Post a Comment