Monday, March 7, 2011

Stephanie de Saint-Aignan: "My perfume? How madeleines'

Fragrances for aesthetes, rich in color and personality, those created by Stéphanie de Saint Aignan, who has studied the ISP, the school of perfumery and cosmetics at Versailles, where she fell in love in this world. The first perfume created Eau de Shahine, was inspired by his first love. And the others? We asked how a scent, what drives you to create a fragrance and what inspires you the most.

It is considered more of an art, a chemical or a modern alchemist? "Certainly my most prominent vein is the artistic one. I create my own fragrance driven by memories and emotions, not by asking the question if they can like it or not. I let myself be guided by instinct and my soul deeply dreamer to give life to my secret alchemy, each of which jealously guards its history more intimate.

" From what inspired the creation of a fragrance? A smell, a color, an emotion, a person ... "All my fragrance is linked to a story that I lived in a particular trip, something I read. Like all experiences translate into fragrances which have characterized my life, because I smell a wonderful way and better able to recall the past memories in the purest way.

Just think of those scents able to recall vividly the memories of childhood or a loved one and the sequence of emotions and thoughts that this recall causes. For me, every story has its own perfume and fragrance for every reverse hide his history. " Create a new fragrance: it is a slow process or instantaneous, emotional or "rational"? "Surely create a new fragrance is an emotional process that takes time.

I think of an experience, a story or an emotion that has been important in my life, I focus on this and create a poem and a name that surround this intimate story. He later became alchemist and join and play with the combinations creating fragrances that reflect and contain also the sentiment that was nell'olfatto muse.

" In that moment, the creative process sees a time when he says stop, the fragrance is perfect so do not need anything else? "My fragrances are like the" madeleine "de" In Search of Lost Time "by Marcel Proust. Are only great when they wake up and smell them back alive and present in my memories and emotions that inspired them.

" There is a smell, except for those created by you, which is tied? "I love the smell of jasmine at night, I find it a unique aroma and enveloping, connected to one of my great love and capable of awakening the most romantic and dreamy side of me. Or I love getting lost in the scents of spices, each with its own unique notes and stimulating, perfect for me and mysterious.

" And what he wanted instead to create her? "I dream of being able to recreate the scents that nature gives us perfect and I tried to reproduce some of my fragrances, such as the fresh scent of the ocean warmed by the sun contained in Embruns D'Ambre, or even the juicy pulp of ripe pear in Blanc D'Hiver ...

I wanted to create the enveloping scent of flowers in spring, or the pungent nature of sleeping in the winter. " There is a character that comes to mind when I think of her fragrance? An icon of reference? "Every fragrance that I created is tied to a character, someone who has had a fundamental role in my life.

I find it important to create new fragrances starting with spirits to make them more real and true and I find them fascinating to reflect the people I care. " The favorite ingredient? "I love playing with a lot of ingredients! I love the scent of jasmine flowers, the spicy notes of woods, nature lies in the herbs, the fresh scent of bergamot.

But I do not have a key ingredient, every time I love to design new combinations are capable of disrupting the olfactory fees. " There's your loved one think about when creating a fragrance? "As I mentioned before, each fragrance that I created, directly or indirectly, in his history contains an important person for me.

Already my first fragrance, Eau de Shanine, had as its muse my first love remembering the notes of marjoram that he adored. With Voleur de ciels I wanted to stick to me the memory of the man of my life, a love without a happy ending but overwhelming. I wanted to recreate the scent of his skin and his life, virile and fresh scent of an aviator.

Or I gave birth to Li Altarelli dedicating it to my son, Sasha. A tribute to him at the place and the love of my family and to his wonderful new life that I held in my lap. " The sense of smell, I presume, is among the most developed senses for a nose. Of the other four, who considered second in importance? "It is not a simple question, the view is certainly an important sense, presents us with colors, images and a clear definition of what surrounds us.

But surely all that I touch nose is one of the more important and can give more emotion. Just close your eyes and imagine you can smell the charm and warmth of the skin of a loved one, or the sweet scent and the softness of a child to try a succession of emotions more intense than that would raise a photograph.

" How important is the packaging for a fragrance? It may be or become part of your success? "I designed the packaging of my fragrance in a way that was simple, pure lines and simple. In part to commemorate the works of the architect Mallet-Stevens that I love, but basically because I believe it is essential to leave room for the fragrance and mystery that encompasses.

" And what is the item that you give more importance: the bottle, the materials, the label ... "I wanted my fragrance to give attention to labels. I have created in a way reminiscent of the book covers. I really love books. For each label I matched a color that reflects the fragrance. Each label is a treasure chest that holds the hidden history of all my perfume.

The favorite city? The food or taste? The music you listen to? "I'm very attached to Paris and Marrakesh, my two homelands. Two separate worlds that well also reflect my inner movements: Paris, elegant and refined, the city that gave birth to me ... and Marrakesh, where I lived for a while ': mysterious, screaming, mystical.

The favorite book? "I really love all the books, I love them in my hands, smell the ink and paper, brush with your hands. I find them mysterious chests to be opened to gain access to new worlds. Among the books that I love and that there are definitely inspired me, "Dream of a midsummer night's" Shakespeare's muse for the fragrance L'Eau Nirique.

A timeless tale, intelligent and playful. And then "The Sheltering Sky" by Paul Bowls, a source of inspiration for the fragrance The One au Sahara, the desert is a symbol of cultural differences and the fascinating world of the Bedouin. "

No comments:

Post a Comment