Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ludovico Einaudi: "The mind more musical? That vagabond "

Few artists boast a resume full of awards like Ludovico Einaudi, Turin that despite the international success still struggling to move away from the hills of Piedmont, where they designed the sacred nest and hatch all his compositions. Lately he has, for example, to reach the Brain Forum of Milan to play as a guest with the neuroscientist Robert Zatorre, "music of the brain." The music of the brain.

Its what music do you prefer? I love that penetrates, which touches the heart and mind in depth. The music that makes you think and at the same time helps to detach from reality. Not all brains are suitable for this type of music ... There are more suitable than other instruments to compose and listen.

It depends on the contingencies, dall'imprinting that is when you are born but also the experiences that make you go. And what are the characteristics of a brain to understand and create good music? Must be dreaming. An abstract mind, wandering, able to dive in and of itself aloof. As a boy made fun of me because, after a while ', when someone spoke to me, I "walked away".

Over time I have not missed this feature, but I used to give vent to my creativity. So even now the tease? Of course! It happens to me, especially in group situations and dispersed, all around me when you create threads that do not involve me in full. I get distracted, that's all. And a little 'I love this thing.

And when made, to tell what he does in those moments can not say? Yes, I think so. I write for me and for others. I feel a great satisfaction when I can satisfy my inner need, which is perhaps to "talk" through music, and at the same time to create something capable of appealing to others.

Sharing is essential when it comes to music. So you think you need more music to reflect that for fun ... I believe that music is the most powerful tool of reflection that we have. The start up of something. Such a potential can not be wasted in the "fun" would be an understatement. The music has an ethical function, therefore, in your opinion? Absolutely.

He would never have imagined as a child that one day his wandering mind would become a resource? Absolutely not.

No comments:

Post a Comment